May 19, 2009

Welcome










I finally took the plunge and started my own blog. Staying true to form, I've held out for a long time and am probably one of the last people I know to start one. I'm an admitted blogging novice.

I created this blog to chronicle my marathon training misadventures. Let me assure you, I'm not a runner. I'm somewhat athletic, but I'm not an "athlete." I hit the gym and the old yoga mat every so often, dust off the bike and take it out for a spin on the odd weekend, or sweat through intervals on the indoor trainer here and there. I ran my first 10K last spring, and it nearly ended my life. The prospect of a marathon intrigued me because I truly wanted to push outside my comfort zone and stretch beyond my perceived limitations. I manage projects for a living, so why should a marathon be any different?

Hence, Project Marathon was born.

I'm not as organized about it as I'd like. Well, okay, I do have a neatly tabbed binder with training schedules, meal plans, and carefully mapped routes. The Portland Marathon is rapidly approaching, and I have a little over 4 months to get my ass in gear. The base has been built - now it's time to kick it up a notch. The daylight hours are getting longer, and so are my runs. The legs are warming up, springing to life. The name of the game from here on out is accountability.

Welcome to the dollhouse, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment